IITP Specialist Groups
IITP Specialist Groups (also known as Special Interest Groups or SIGs) are sub-groups of the Institute that share an interest in a specialist ICT area such as Security or Professional Testing.
IITP SIGs meet regularly and provide a range of events and speakers in their subject of expertise, as well as providing input and information to the Institute in their chosen field to assist with public advocacy.
If you would like more information or are interested in starting a new SIG, please contact IITP.
Information Security SIG (IS-SIG)
The ISSIG operates nationwide (although with a Wellington nucleus) and exists to:
- Establish within New Zealand, groups comprising those people who are interested in promoting information security awareness within their respective organisations and beyond.
- Promote information security awareness and good practice.
- Organise IITP seminars and/or workshops throughout New Zealand for the purpose of promoting information security principles.
- Publicise information security related activities within New Zealand.
- Provide a resource for New Zealand organisations. To liaise with other organisations interested in Information Security within New Zealand and overseas.
Annual membership of the SIG is free.
For more information and to join, please contact IITP.
Test Professionals Network (TPN)
The Test Professionals Network operates in Auckland and Wellington and exists to be the leading forum for promoting excellence in systems and software testing.
The objectives of the TPN are to:
- Promote the importance of software testing.
- Develop awareness of industry's best practices in software testing.
- Represent the interests of the group's members with other bodies.
- Encourage research into software testing.
- Promote and develop high standards and professionalism in software testing.
There is currently no cost to join the TPN. If you are an IITP member (or have an Events profile) simply log in to your profile and check the Auckland or Wellington TPN Mailing Lists. If not, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to the list.